help my hen is freakin out

Quote:
I'm not an expert but I'm not totally ignorant about them either. They can pass on diseases to children, they kill children, they attack adults and livestock on farms and in private gardens, they crap everywhere, they have sex with your leg, they lick you with their filthy tongues. I could add to the list but you can see how I feel about the nasty creatures.
wink.png

Well if we're painting with a broad brush then.... humans pass on diseases to children, they kill children, they attack women and shoot livestock on farms and in private gardens, they crap everywhere (I own a small store and can attest to this), they rape, they belittle you you with their filthy mouths. I could add to the list but you can see how I feel about the nasty creatures.

I guess that you're speaking from your own experience and I'm speaking from mine.
smile.png
Please don't get upset just because mine is different from yours. I was once attacked by a guard dog that was loose on the street in Spain and that was the end of any remaining good feelings I had for the creatures. Most of the human beings that I know are better behaved than even their own dogs and I'm sorry that your experience with humans seems to have been different.

Back to the topic now, perhaps.
cool.png

I think the OP has had a couple of answers...

So you are saying that because of ONE incident you hate all dogs? I can understand maybe hating guard dogs... But MY experience with humans has been MUCH worse than with dogs... mainly because the humans that supposedly care for those dogs are the ones causing a lot of it!

I hate dogs for a number of reasons. The attack was the last straw. Some people might have developed a chronic fear of dogs from that sort of experience but for me it was just confirmation that they are neither safe nor pleasant to have around. I'm willing to make the occasional exception for a quiet dog, imitating a stuffed one, that isn't on my land. My wife has one like that but we keep it at the other house. I liked them when I was a kid but as UK dog laws got tighter some of the problems with dogs seemed to get worse and I began to dislike them. I agree that some of their owners are no better, having no thought for visitors who are being licked and sniffed by their canine delinquents. It's sometimes tempting to lick the owners to see how they like it but they might (!) and are probably as unhygienic as their pet flea bags.

Please let's leave it at that. This thread is not about liking dogs or otherwise and I made a passing comment out of annoyance for what happened to the OP. Thanks for your interest, though.
smile.png

I just got to say, first sorry to the op. That sucks. I hope your neigbour will do a better job of keeping the dog on thier own property.

And second I love my dog, he sleeps in my bed, and licks my face, and protects the family. I know my kids are safe playing outside, with a german shepered dog on the watch
wink.png
How lucky are we with are germs:) Interesting to hear how were all different, that's what makes the world go round!

thanks everyone for their input on my hen and their views on dogs.
smile.png
my hen is doing fairly well.. other than she hates me...

Back
Top Bottom