HELP! MY HEN LAYED EGGLESS EGG!!!

Hmm. That's a normal soft shelled egg, so I'm not sure. If she's laying she's not likely to be eggbound.

At this point it's out of my knowledge range and I'd suggest a vet. Maybe @casportpony or one of the other members with more health care experience can help you.
Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it. I will get oyster shells and feed that to her and see what happens.

Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it. I will get oyster shells and feed that to her and see what happens.

At this point, if you have a human calcium supplement I would also dissolve a tablet into her water and give that along with some electrolytes, assuming she's drinking. Keep her isolated so you can watcher her and document poops and changes. Keep her in a warm room too.

At this point, if you have a human calcium supplement I would also dissolve a tablet into her water and give that along with some electrolytes, assuming she's drinking. Keep her isolated so you can watcher her and document poops and changes. Keep her in a warm room too.
okay I will give her a calcium supplement. Thank you. However my rhode island red gets really hot, and i am not sure if she got sick because of the weather.

The human calcium will be absorbed faster than the shells, and the electrolytes will help if she is hot, dehydrated or not eating. If it's very warm (over 75), no need to warm her. Good luck!

The human calcium will be absorbed faster than the shells, and the electrolytes will help if she is hot, dehydrated or not eating. If it's very warm (over 75), no need to warm her. Good luck!
Thank you! I will try my best on saving her. Do you think that the electrolytes will give her energy, and hopefully help her feel better.

Back
Top Bottom