help my hen was attacked by dog

WilliamsCochran

Hatching
9 Years
Jan 18, 2011
it has a big cut on the back of her head i cleaned the wound and got the bleeding stopped i also put neosporine on the wound and wrapped it in a loose bandage but she keeps pushing the bandage down off the wound what else can i do?

Make sure you use the neosporin withOUT the pain reliever. Keep her warm and dry, away from other birds. They might try to peck at it. Do you have any antibiotics on hand?
Can we get a picture of the wound?

Make sure she is eating and drinking. That is a big part of getting them through the shock.

The bandage may not be necessary as long as you can keep the wound clean. A good coating of neosporin is enough for most smaller wounds.

I would put a mild antibiotic in her water to prevent infection, just incase.

Matt

we used super glue on hens attacked by dogs and it worked very well..we also coated the wounds with no-peck to keep the other hens from pecking at the wounds...saved three hens this way.....

Hi there. We had a rooster attacked. Clean the wound. Keep her warm. We put him under a heat light. He did not eat so we gave him yogurt by putting the tip of his beak in the yogurt. We offered him attention every hour. He was partially paralized for a few weeks but made a full recovery. all the best

Back
Top Bottom