HELP! My mini chicken is injured.

I got Creative and made a sling ! I also Took others advice about pain med as well!!! What do you think? I posted Pics !!!
ooo very nice! only thing I would say is to make sure can reach the food and water easily.
Not sure how it will work and do not want to rain on your parade but your pics reminded me of how I just lost my best girl.
They are so fragile the simplest thing can go wrong in an instant. I hope she does not get startled and tangles in the sling.

A WORD OF WARNING.. CAUTION

In all my 30yrs of handling animals I never imagined or experienced what happened to me This week. I use the wire dog crates to house my chickens. My one chicken of several was recovering from an infection. She was in her cage everything was fine. It was dark in the room, I moved to check on her she got startled flapped around tried to escape in the dark by putting her head though the cage bars. In a panic she flapped around before I could get to her. She got caught in the wire some how and before I could get to her she broke her neck on the dog cage wire. She died instantly.

I now have placed chicken wire secured tightly with zipties and placed thick black duct tape on chicken wire edges. To little to late I am afraid. Like I said, in all my years I never had an issue with chicken safety in wire dog cages. A truly duh moment. They make chicken wire for a reason. I am also going to invest in a plastic cage with no holes in bottom section of it. It never crossed my mind this could happen BUT IT DID, I LOST MY BEST GIRL!
sorry for your loss, that sounds terrible. i had put cardboard on the inside of a dog kennel for my one hen who would have seizures as i didnt want that to happen. i do think her hen should be fine since she is in a sling though

Back
Top Bottom