Help! My one duck just hatched and other two barely zipped

Pics

Mrichard0930

Songster
7 Years
Sep 15, 2016
hey I’m super nervous my one duck just hatched and the other two only have about two external pips. She won’t sit still in there bumping her head I attached a video. What do I do leave her in there or take her out but that would obviously disrupt the humidity for the other two.i thought she would relax but she won’t sit still peeping and jumping around. It’s a mini brinsea with three eggs so it’s tight in there her foot almost got stuck in middle I’m a nervous wreck ahh please help .darn video is too large to attach
Thanks

You can take her out. It shouldn't make that much difference. If your worried stick a wet cotton ball in there to compensate. Just watch to make sure the new ones doing try to eat it, when they hatch.
Ok thanks she finally calmed down and I know I leave her in until she’s fluffy and more dry so I’m thinking I’ll stay up all night and watch so she doesnt Get jumpy again she finally calmed down once she got next to her two brothers ugh my heart I was so nervous !! THank you for responding - she really scared me in this little incubator her head was up on thermometer trying to go one way then she backed up and flipped her foot got stuck ugh- then she got next to one but still was pushing over I cannot believe how sweet this is she literally stopped freaking out once she was able to lay directly in between the two . So if they don’t come out in like 10 hours I’ll take her out. I’m getting house ready now thanks

Can you post a picture?

If she's in imminent danger of getting stuck, take her out. It's better to do it quickly now than wait until her foot gets stuck and have to jiggle her out carefully and slowly. Just do it very quickly, and try to re-establish your humidity ASAP.
Ok thanks for quick response she finally calmed down once she got herself between the other two eggs I attached a picture of right before she hatched this was the other egg I don’t get it it was jiggling aroudn the most the other was bouncing around the most all the days of candling and now she came out of no where and just busted threw. The other two basically look like the attached pic but the one had a bigger external pip like a little shell poked out more then pic attached thanks

Attachments

• 0F3672E8-6C75-4CEA-8B57-AE2EE7F98FE4.png
    0F3672E8-6C75-4CEA-8B57-AE2EE7F98FE4.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 14
  • 36150CC1-704D-4678-9236-2020B87D6E5B.jpeg
    36150CC1-704D-4678-9236-2020B87D6E5B.jpeg
    446 KB · Views: 15
:loveThat's so cute! Ducks take such a long time to hatch, I'm surprised she did it so quickly! Please post pictures of the others when they hatch.
Ok will do. Still now hatch she’s literally hatched four hours ago and they still are barely poking through - she is back to being energetic. She is pushing and nudging the eggs she now has them jammed up between her egg and her body they’re crammed up she wants to be with them so bad and climbing on them. I think around 4-5 am it’ll be 6-8 hours if still nothing from them I may take her out really quickly because she is throwing their eggs around and I’m nervous it’s effecting them getting out or something.
Thanks

:loveThat's so cute! Ducks take such a long time to hatch, I'm surprised she did it so quickly! Please post pictures of the others when they hatch.
So the two hatched one at 10 pm last night second at 7 am today and the last one is making me nervous getting trampled on and turned upside down still not out I attached a picture will he be okay it’s only day 27 and first external pip was monday. When do I need to possibly help him? I’ve resisted opening incubator up this whole town and so far so good so I’m guessing I should be waiting
Thanks

Attachments

• 89228A41-26A4-4A63-9E65-F51314C5E840.jpeg
    89228A41-26A4-4A63-9E65-F51314C5E840.jpeg
    454.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 8B557185-7DE7-49D1-A554-4BFA6AFC3535.jpeg
    8B557185-7DE7-49D1-A554-4BFA6AFC3535.jpeg
    385.8 KB · Views: 13
Ok thanks - the one is literally laying completely on top now and snoozing on him like I guess no way can he get out now - I did see him while second was almost coming his little mouth was making like movement opening and closing real quick - I’ve heard him peeping during external pipping of all three and rattling his egg everything has been normal. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom