Help, my roo does not like his wife's new dress!

I have a little Dremel that I use to file my dogs' nails. That's what I was thinking of trying on Lacey. Even if I just do it enough to make the tip, which is just starting to get sharp, blunt it should help with him scratching Betty's sides. She still needs to wear her pretty little saddle dress for her back though because she is losing feathers and I don't want her bald back there.

Quote:
lau.gif
yuckyuck.gif

I know this is a serious topic to which I have absolutely NOTHING to add to... but dang it's one of the funniest threads I've seen in a while!

Thanks for the entertainment folks! Robin'sBrood... I hope you're able to find a solution for your hen and roo!

Quote:
Well I've seen it done on youtube and the roosters sure don't react as if it hurts, they don't even seem to notice and it didn't bleed either
idunno.gif

I watched several videos from different farms, and I was pretty convinced that the roosters didn't mind it too badly.

my dh used his dremel tool on them and ground them off. and it carterizes it if it does bleed. he said a cutting wheel works best but he used a grinding wheel on it. it works like that petipaws thing he ground it almost to the leg but not all the way. after it was done the roos acted like it felt pretty good

Last edited:
Well when I think about it, my husband doesn't like clothes on me when he is trying to have 'special time' with me .. Maybe the roo feels the same? LOL
idunno.gif
... My roo doesn't mind his hens dresses.

Back
Top Bottom