Help my rooster started crowing

So recently my rooster started crowing. And I was wondering how to keep him to be more quiet or stop him from crowing? Since where I live is like close to neighbours and I don’t want them to hear. Any solutions? Because I don’t want to give him away
Maybe you could talk to your neighbors about your rooster. Unless roosters are not aloud in your neighborhood, they might be ok with it. ;)

There recently was a member on here that posted of having a rooster collar on her rooster and it died from it in a really tragic sad way.
It would be best to re-home your rooster.
Agreed... but only if you can get a good home for it. The neighbors are probably going to hear. Hoping you figure it out!

If you use a no crow collar, don't buy the one from My Pet Chicken. It's too narrow and doesn't work that well. Make your own, but be sure that it's at least 2-3 inches wide, because it has to cover a large area. There are plenty of videos on making them. I made one for mine and it really diminished the volume, but no collar will completely stop the crowing.
I finally had to rehome mine, because he was too aggressive with the hens.

So recently my rooster started crowing. And I was wondering how to keep him to be more quiet or stop him from crowing? Since where I live is like close to neighbours and I don’t want them to hear. Any solutions? Because I don’t want to give him away
I'm having the same issue. I purchased 3 chicks and a duck and was told they would grow to be hens. Now all 3 turned out to be roos and they literally take turns crowing. Loudly i might add. And im so worried that eventually someone os going to complain. Maybe even call the cops on me😥 if u figure it out let me know!

I'm having the same issue. I purchased 3 chicks and a duck and was told they would grow to be hens. Now all 3 turned out to be roos and they literally take turns crowing. Loudly i might add. And im so worried that eventually someone os going to complain. Maybe even call the cops on me😥 if u figure it out let me know!
The only solid way to prevent crowing would be to remove vocal cords, which is a terrible risk and just a terrible thing to do. Collars aren't guaranteed to work.

The only solid way to prevent crowing would be to remove vocal cords, which is a terrible risk and just a terrible thing to do. Collars aren't guaranteed to work.
Yeah...thats not an option. I wouldn't do that to my babiess😥 luckily my father in law has a friend with a ranch sitting on 4acres. He has plenty of space along with a huge flock and most importantly coops he puts them in at night. Hes a real ranchero lol and he said we can stop by to visit them whenever we want. I'm very happy with my decision to rehome them.

Back
Top Bottom