help! my rooster won’t stop sneezing

jessarose

In the Brooder
Dec 10, 2020
so last night i put everyone to bed early because there was a huge storm coming
and as i was it started to rain heavily.
this morning i have noticed my rooster is sneezing so much
i checked his breathing and i hear no wheeze, can someone help? i’m worried he is sock or has a disease

s
so last night i put everyone to bed early because there was a huge storm coming
and as i was it started to rain heavily.
this morning i have noticed my rooster is sneezing so much
i checked his breathing and i hear no wheeze, can someone help? i’m worried he is sock or has a disease
sick**

Could you take a video of the sneezing, upload it to a video platform like Youtube, and copy/paste the link here? Is there any swelling, or nasal/ ocular discharge?

If needed have some help, but it would be a good measure to pry his mouth open, and look for any abnormalities, such as mucous, or plaques inside the mouth with a strong flashlight. Checking the choanal slit which is on the upper part of the mouth would be good too; sometimes seeds, or debris can get caught in the slit. Sometimes debris can accumulate around the nares and cause sneezing, and respiratory problems, you may check that area as well.

1611006550847.png

Without information pertaining to the physical findings you are seeing it's hard to pinpoint what exactly the problem might be since there are so many conditions that can cause sneezing. Respiratory diseases such as infections bronchitis may appear mild in adult birds, and often causes sneezing. Poor environmental conditions such as dusty feed, moldy bedding, high ammonia, or bedding can promote respiratory difficulties, and by comprising the immune system can predispose the bird to develop respiratory diseases and fungal infections such as aspergillus.

Back
Top Bottom