Help name breed?

cluckadoddledoo

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jul 18, 2012
Hi

At the poultry fair they had some very tall long legged somewhat scrawny looking birds, I thought they were cataloged as Indian Runners but that's a breed of duck right? I cannot for the life of me remember what they were called. Had chatted to my vet and he said they were funny critters and mentioned that his mum who was chicken mad had some, he said they were great fun to watch and they run really fast.. had joked with hubby and said they were road runners like the cartoon...

so any ideas?

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/LocationPhotos-g316107-Antsirabe.html

Last edited:
Hi

At the poultry fair they had some very tall long legged somewhat scrawny looking birds, I thought they were cataloged as Indian Runners but that's a breed of duck right? I cannot for the life of me remember what they were called. Had chatted to my vet and he said they were funny critters and mentioned that his mum who was chicken mad had some, he said they were great fun to watch and they run really fast.. had joked with hubby and said they were road runners like the cartoon...

so any ideas?

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/LocationPhotos-g316107-Antsirabe.html
Definitely is not a roadrunner, I am in New Mexico, where we have them all over our backyards...

Possibly, Aseels (sp?) which is a game type chicken breed. There's another breed that is similar but I can't remember off hand what the name is...

Thanks everyone I am thinking that they were "modern game" and that maybe the name indian runner has crossed over in the old brain files... they did have ducks there.

Can modern game be very tall big birds?

I don't think they wer Aseels as they seem to be sold very expensively here and dont remember anything selling for huge amounts of money.. must be fun having road runners in your back yard fabiola, over here it's pheasants & grouse :)

800x600px-LL-7d66a774_modern_game-23006-266098.png
modern game off the breed section

Thank you!, yes thats the frame and build for sure... the colours were more vivid greens and oranges on stilts!

Back
Top Bottom