Help! Need advice - what to do with my pekin duck eggs

agoldenliferanch

Hatching
11 Years
Sep 14, 2008
Hi All,

I have a pair of pekin ducks and she started laying eggs about a month ago. We waited to see if she would sit on them and she did for awhile. Then she started moving them from one next to the other and now we have 3 or 4 in one nest and about a dozen scattered in another.

Questions include - Are all eggs in the other nest bad or spoiled for eating? Should I be pulling all eggs out and throwing them away? Should I candle all of them?

We're fairly new at this egg laying deal and I don't know what do do. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

A Golden Life Ranch - 4 Goldens, 2 cats, 7 chickens, 2 ducks and 2 fainting goats.

I would candle them first to see if there is any action inside.
If she won't sit on them, Do you have an incubator to do them yourself? If not. Then throw them out and start fresh. Bring in any new ones straight to the fridge. I have a peking laying eggs now. But unfortunately there is no Donald for my Daisy. So her eggs come straight into the house. And boy are they yummy!!!
Good luck! If you want, I can incubate for you. Just send them my way.
thumbsup.gif

Hi, thanks so much for response. So even though they've been around for a month I can still incubate them if I go get one?

I think an entire month might be too long unless you see life inside it. The incubation period for a peking is just under a month. Im not sure but I thinks its 26 or 28 days.
Check through other threads. Its been talked about.

Back
Top Bottom