help need info

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by can_ravens, Sep 18, 2012.

1. can_ravens

can_ravens New Egg

Apr 22, 2011
    I got up and checked our chickens and our rooster was dead, it had blood coming from its head I couldn't tell were though. I looked around the coop to see if there is any thing sticking out and there is only one screw and it was clean. He was closed inside the coop so i know that no animal attacked him. he has been really aggressive with our 2 hens could they have attacked him if they thought he was sick and week. My daughter checked them on sunday evening and said the rooster was sitting were we found him in the coop today, but she said he was alert and crowed at her when she openend the door to check. Does anyone have any ideals what could have caused this?

thanks
    Barry

2. rungirl

rungirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2010
    Columbus, Ohio
    I think something got in and got him. Maybe something small, but the hens didn't do it.

3. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

If the roo was sick an died or was dieting...then hens could have started pecking him. Also something could have gotten after him....but if he was not moving around much, I'd think illness.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by