Help! Need some advice on a rescued duck

The new guy just upped my total to 10. At the moment I'm very drake rich and duck poor
sad.png
I have two mallard pairs, 5 call ducks (3 males, 2 females), then the new guy a Swedish Black.

Right now this is the only picture I have of the new one. He has been dubbed LD for Lucky Duck. He managed to survive a month in the "wild" on his own with bob cats.

I don't have a very recent picture of the Little Heathens (hehe), they are around 2 1/2 months here. They are in their adolescent feathers. The bibbed by it self if the female, she ended up being the smallest the bibbed with the white on his back is the largest. He is almost the size of my mallards. The darker of the white ones, I'm pretty sure is a Snowy drake. The light one I not sure what she is color wise. If anyone knows, I would love to know.

Here's a better picture of her. Now that she has her adult feathers, she hasn't really changed color. Maybe a little bit lighter.

My Mallards are camera shy
big_smile.png
Bless for rescuing this drake he is so pretty, your lil female looks to have Welsh Harlequin coloring reminds me of WH anyway not quite as dark of markings she is beautiful by the way.

Your ducks are beautiful!
love.gif
As long as you are prepared for several small flocks, you should be fine. Ducks won't pair up on their own normally and woe be to the poor duck that multiple drakes find most attractive
hit.gif
. I just didn't want you going into that situation blind. Sounds like you have it covered though
big_smile.png
L.D. really is a lucky ducky.

Back
Top Bottom