Help NEEDED BAD!!

A clever trap is a 5-gallon bucket, half full of water, then drop in enough sunflower seed to cover the water. The sunflower seeds float. Put two or three short boards leading up to the top of the bucket like ramps. Sprinkle more sunflower seeds around the area. The rat/mouse/squirrel goes up the ramp, sees the bucket full of seeds and jumps down into what he thinks is a bucket full of seed.......see how long he can tread water. They drown in less than half an hour. Safe, clean, cheap and no colateral damage as you might easily have using poison. You'll have to keep this out of reach of "the girls" or they'll probably try to jump in as well.
This! Also, like someone mentioned earlier, black snakes. Even a skin or snake poo will scare mice and rats. If you don't have black snakes nearby, I bet a nature center, pet store, or some craigslist weirdo will gladly donate their snake poo and skin. I've scattered snake poo around the entrance points and windows of the coop and mice stay away.

i like that bucket trick!!
big_smile.png
we have a cat and he kills so many things around our place! although i wish he would get a big snake that i found in the nest box a couple days ago! i think the snake lives under the rock (then theres a layer of straw on top of the rock) and i bet the cat can't get to him. :( i've been told it's a harmless snake. but still. yuck! i hate snakes!

I'm going to try the bucket trick tonight!! Thanks!! The rats in my yard build tunnels, so you'll see them running across the yard, then they just dissapear. I keep trying to plug them up with rocks and stuff, but new ones keep showing up.
barnie.gif

If you have that many rats, it may be time to put out poison. Use the bucket, too, but if you want a faster eradication, poison is the thing. Put it where nothing else can get it, patrol your yard & coop for dead vermin (although, when we had an infestation and I put out poison, the rats just disappeared - no dead bodies anywhere). Believe me when I tell you you're not seeing ALL of them.

We've had good luck with live traps, and Tim Bits.. I'm Canadian, they are bought at our Tim Hortons.. It's like a small plain doughnut..
Rats suck!!! Kill them quick, the muliply supper fast!!

Well we just had great succes with drowning the rats out , stuffed the hose down in the holes and they came running out !! Shovels work wonders!! Goning to wait to see if any rats come out tonight and repeat process tomorrow!!
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom