help needed- bloody chicks (anal area) pictures attached- not easy to look at- bloody pictures- any

Maybe the one with no pecking injury is the guilty party, have you tried separating it from the rest of the gang to see if it is?

Update and new picture.
I went to the feed store and bought the blu Kote. They suggested I give my entire flock Tetroxy HCA-280, (soluble powder, oxytetracycline HCL, antibiotic) 1 tablespoon per gallon of water until the 9.87 bag is gone. I bought both, used the blu kote and not the antibiotic, yet.

I washed and examine the 6 chicks today. I found 3 were clean and 3 had issues. I washed the blood away and found this white messy dried discharge on the 2 chicks with the heavier bleeding. (photo below) The third bleeder looked like she was simply pecked a bit.

I applied the blu kote to the 3 injured chicks and separated them from the other 3. All 6 chicks act bright and bouncy. They have been knocking their food over all day - worse than normal. I think they are all eating. I am trying to catch all of them drinking, not 100 percent sure they all are.

First, thank you for your past suggestions.
I do have a garage, I have 9 eight week old chicks there now. This last group of 6 are in my sun room, now in 2 cages.

What do you all think about the antibiotic I purchased? Can we eat eggs from birds taking this med? I have 10 laying hens and the Feed store suggested that I treat them all: All 4 age groups- based on the info I posted here, minus this last photo, which I found when I came back from Agway..

Finally- I am attaching that photo of the pasty, blood cleaned off butt. Thanks for any help....

In my last picture- is that vent gleet? ( I have been researching all day...)
That white pasty butt on the little comet?
I elected not to start the antibiotic and that would be the right decision of it is vent gleet. I did add ACV to their water and gave them some yogurt, just a taste. Only the little comet, and to a lesser degree one of the leghorns, are still actively discharging the white gunk. It seems like all of their little droppings are normal though.

All 6 are still active and eating and drinking. I imagine the blu kote will cure them- thanks for that advice. And they seem more relaxed in 2 cages.

Back
Top Bottom