Help Needed fast

there is no change i henny today, i felt her and it is hard as a brick, we gave her water and some grit only, she is standing up but does not even move when i stick my hand in to feel or pet her, should i try another treatment now or wait?
Quote:
So true, i paniced when my little one got swollen crop, and with a little advice, and care he was as good as new.

Quote:
So true, i paniced when my little one got swollen crop, and with a little advice, and care he was as good as new.

Sounds like an IMPACTED crop. Did she recently have access to a bunch of hay or grass that she didn't usually get? She may have gorged on it and have a wad of stuff in there that can't move.

Try giving her some olive oil, you can dribble it in her beak and she should take it in. Then massage the crop to get the oil throughout the mass of stuff. Hopefully you can break it up and small pieces will start to pass down.

Grit won't help if the stuff is all in her crop - the grit doesn't do anything until it gets to the gizzard. For now I would offer only liquids, Olive Oil with massage and put Apple Cider Vinegar in her water, 2-3 Tablespoons per gallon. See if you can get any movement of the mass, breaking it up with the olive oil and massage - you can rub pretty strongly without hurting them, I was scared to press on anything on mine at first but if you just start gentle and increase in pressure until the chicken gets uncomfortable, you should be able to use a kneading motion on the crop to break stuff up.

If the oil and massage doesn't help after a couple of days, and she's getting weak, you may need to resort to surgery - keep us updated!!!

I agree, dripple olive oil down her throught, message her crop.
also give her some yogurt instaed of any hard food.
keep doing the olive oil messageing throught the day.

Back
Top Bottom