Help needed hatching ducklings

Lucygilbert25

In the Brooder
Oct 12, 2018
hi there

I am completely new to hatching and am about to try and hatch my first ever ducklings on Monday.

I have received my incubator this morning a Covatutto 16 digital with auto egg turner. I have set it up per instructions and to seems to be working and is holding a temp of 37.5.

I have ordered a humidity probe which will be here tomorrow.

What is the best temp and humidity for hatching ducklings and when should I up the humidity??

Also should I manually turn the eggs aswell? I could do this in the morning and evening??

Any advice would be great as I get a lot of conflicting info on the web

Thanks so much lucy

:welcome

I'm not familiar with that incubator, but I would never trust one out of the box to be accurate with the temperature and humidity. Please try to add another thermometer, but make sure to test it for accuracy first.

As for turning, if it has an auto turner, you shouldn't need to do any additional turning.

What breed of duck eggs are you getting?

I'm not familiar with that incubator, but I would never trust one out of the box to be accurate with the temperature and humidity. Please try to add another thermometer, but make sure to test it for accuracy first.

As for turning, if it has an auto turner, you shouldn't need to do any additional turning.

Hi thanks so much for replying, I have bought an independent thermometer which also reads humidity it will be here in the morning. I am getting Indian runner ducks x

Are my temps right keep it at 36.5 c and what should my humidity be throughout?

Also do I keep the chick in the incubator for 24hrs after and then put them into the brooder.

Can they come out of the brooder for cuddles or don’t they have to stay in there for a certain amount of time?

Sorry for all the questions

Xx

Back
Top Bottom