Help Needed in Aftermath of Attack

Thanks for reading my thread. How's your drake doing?

He's hanging in there. I've been up all night with him, feeding him. I keep glancing over to check that he's breathing and expecting that he won't be, but he's clinging to life with all he's got.

He's hanging in there. I've been up all night with him, feeding him. I keep glancing over to check that he's breathing and expecting that he won't be, but he's clinging to life with all he's got.
Sure hope he makes it pass this crisis.
fl.gif

He was still hanging in there when I left for work. Luckily it's a half day, but when you factor in that his last feeding was at five in the morning, he's gonna have to make it almost nine hours without being fed - I sure hope he does.

So glad he's feeling better, I'm a new mom of 2 Magpies and 15 biddies. 4 weeks on my ducks and 9 days on my chicks:) My ducks LOVE Strawberry /Cucumber (pureed) and poured over rice.. and it makes their poop smell good :) good luck!

Well, the derma clense seems to be working - the scab loosened up and now I can easily manipulate his head into the proper position - before I couldn't. I'm sure if he could hold his head up he'd be holding it fine. He's still just flopping around though. I think I'll be calling the vet tomorrow for advice - she said she wanted to be kept updated anyway.

In the meantime, is there any way I can de-gunk his nares? He hasn't be able to regularly clear them out and now it seems stuff has gunked up on the inside, because with any exertion at all, he is forced to open his bill to breath.

Well, the derma clense seems to be working - the scab loosened up and now I can easily manipulate his head into the proper position - before I couldn't. I'm sure if he could hold his head up he'd be holding it fine. He's still just flopping around though. I think I'll be calling the vet tomorrow for advice - she said she wanted to be kept updated anyway.

In the meantime, is there any way I can de-gunk his nares? He hasn't be able to regularly clear them out and now it seems stuff has gunked up on the inside, because with any exertion at all, he is forced to open his bill to breath.
you might hold him over his water bowl and gently wash his nares out for him, he may start himself once you get him started. glad to hear the derma cleanse is working, that is a tough lil fighter. Bless you for taking such good care of him. let us know what the vet says.

Crackers passed away today. I'll be taking him outside tomorrow and burying him with his girls. I'd like to remember him in his prime, and not as the poor drake who was slowly wasting away, so to that end, here he is in his prime. He was a spectacular drake and I'll miss him dearly.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom