Help needed. My Quail are dying.

Quote:
awwwwww sweeeeet little things
love.gif

Your right quailladyoffortmyers
thumbsup.gif
, maybe he just puts one picture on his ads for all his quail that he sells.
hu.gif

He does breed Coturnix Coturnix quail as well as buttons.
Or he is just mistaken.

Neb
ya.gif

What next? One of the quails is running around backwards knocking the other chicks over
lau.gif

One a more serious note, one of the chicks, standing on it forelegs instead of on its feet and it is rocking back and forth on its butt. Definitely something to do with its strength, either protein or something else causing the weakness.

Neb
fl.gif

Quote:
That's what mine did, kind of sat on their 'elbows' all the time and couldn't stand up all the way. I think mine was a problem with that bag of feed, I went and got a bag of purina gamebird starter and they straightened right out. Since then I've been feeding baby quail the 20% feed that I've always fed them and haven't had any more problems.

Is this what you are calling rain quail?If so,they are also called harlequin quail,which are a little bigger thena button,and smaller then a coturnix.
In N.H.,Tony.

One of the quails is running around backwards knocking the other chicks over

I had a chick do this a couple of times in the past. They were unable to pass a stool and kept running in reverse, flipping around and peeping. When I would hold the chick and gently massage its abdomen, it would have a giant bowel movement--problem solved!
sickbyc.gif
I wanted to mention this just in case your quail is having the same difficulty...​

I am not completely sure of the species, but the guy I bought the eggs from advertised them as Jumbo Rain Quail. He also sold Common Quail and Button Quail.

Unfortunately, there are only 6 left now
hit.gif
th.gif

I still have not gotten a reply from the guy I bought the eggs from, but I have contacted someone who breeds Singing Quail in my area. I assume they will have the same requirements for chicks? She has been very helpful in the past and I am going to borrow some feed from her. I can't believe I am going through all this just because of my mistake with feed.
barnie.gif

Thanks for the support

Neb

Back
Top Bottom