!!!Help Needed Please!!! - I would like to start something NEW :) TPP

If you are really wanting broody lines, I would just ask the EBay sellers. Anyone who has quail is almost always overrun with eggs, at least with the Coturnix anyway. Just because you ask, doesn't mean they will tell the truth, but it is worth a try.

I think either way you obtain your birds, you are gambling on whether you get broodies or not. Just because they come from broody lines, doesn't guarantee your individuals will be broody. It just means the odds are in your favor. Then again, if they come from non-broody lines, it doesn't gaurantee they will not be broody.

Just look around for the auctions selling Bobwhite and then email the seller asking whether their birds have broody tendencies or not. It may be hard finding a breeder that has broody type birds, because I think most people incubate their quail eggs.

-Kim

Kim,

Thanks for the info. I will do that! : )
Yeah...they can lie but like you mentioned...it won't hurt to ask.

Imma be up all night...hopefully, to catch the racoon that my dad just ran outside to chase away. Literally 30 mins ago. I just came back in and there it was again! Outside the coop trying to find its way in. Its 12:08 in the morning here now.

I need to get rid of it because I have some REAL rare birds right now and won't take any chances. No law against taking 'it-out" here so...yeah. If worse comes the worse...imma be prepaired tomorrow. Gonna go to a certain department at Big 5 for you know what! Haha

- Tommy

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, we're 3 hours ahead of you guys. So it is 3 in the morning here. I'm off to bed after this post. LOL

Yes, you need to take that coon out. He doesn't need to eat at that expensive 5 star restaurant in your backyard. LOL. It would be aweful if he ate your beautiful Onagadori trio.

-Kim

I've been told that bantams make wonderful broodies for quail. I plan to try it out once I get some broody hens and I'll let you know how it turns out. Other than that I have my sportsman on hand to hatch my eggs.

Oh yeah... get a silkie for a momma... that would work!! LOL! My BWs are not showing any broody tendencies. But then, I steal her egg every day and set it in the incubator.

Good morning!

Yeah, that would work. A normal sized hen is too large and will most likely break some eggs. Haha. A normal sized hen could raise like 40 chicks at once or something since they are so small. Haha

Anyhow, this is one of the response I got from an eBay seller:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From twjwquaileggs (440) - 99.4% Possitive feedback

50+ extras Northern Bobwhite quail hatching eggs

"I collect my eggs several times a day but yes there are various hens at times that refuse to get off the eggs and even attack my hands to try and stop me from getting their eggs but I have never actually let them hatch their own eggs out so I'm not sure of what success they may have on their own hatching and raising their young."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Should I go ahead and get this then?

The problem is...I bought my incubator for just chicken eggs and only got an egg turner with 42 slots for "chicken eggs". Since these are so small...can I do 2 eggs per slot or is there any better way to put them all in the tuner?

- Tommy

What kind of incubator/turner do you have? My little LG has the auto turner for chicken eggs, but there's a ring in the bottom of the cups that holds a quail egg perfectly.
smile.png

I would give that one a try... you never know what you're going to get as far as broodies go anyway.

Wow,

Its been only 5 months since my post to venture out into "QUAILS & PHEASANTS" and look @ my collection now.
bun.gif

Pretty cool how things grow so fast : )

- Tommy

PS: Thanks everyone!!!

Back
Top Bottom