Help needed

Hand Mama

Chirping
Jul 27, 2020
Hi all, I'm new to this chicken thing, bought an incubator because of lockdown in England it's now been 22 days & no sign of any chickens, looks like I have definitely one in there when I candle it but nothings happened as of yet, any pointers greatly appreciated, thanks

Hi all, I'm new to this chicken thing, bought an incubator because of lockdown in England it's now been 22 days & no sign of any chickens, looks like I have definitely one in there when I candle it but nothings happened as of yet, any pointers greatly appreciated, thanks
When you candle the egg, are you able to see the air sac with some veins looking like spiders? At this point you should be able to only see that since everything else will look dark since chick is big in there. Movement is a good sign. Are you able to see if it internally pipped?

I really can't tell, Don't really ow what I'm looking g for as this is my first attempt anything chicken

I really can't tell, Don't really ow what I'm looking g for as this is my first attempt anything chicken
The chick uses the beak to break the membrane into the air cell in the fat end of the egg. You can't really see anything from outside Of the egg, but you can hear it cheeping from inside of the egg. If you take a flashlight and go into a dar room you and point the flashlight/candler to the far end of the egg, you will see the air sac with some veins and if popped you should see the beak of the chick moving.

When you candle the egg, are you able to see the air sac with some veins looking like spiders? At this point you should be able to only see that since everything else will look dark since chick is big in there. Movement is a good sign. Are you able to see if it internally pipped?
Hi, it's mainly dark with a small empty space

The chick uses the beak to break the membrane into the air cell in the fat end of the egg. You can't really see anything from outside Of the egg, but you can hear it cheeping from inside of the egg. If you take a flashlight and go into a dar room you and point the flashlight/candler to the far end of the egg, you will see the air sac with some veins and if popped you should see the beak of the chick moving.
Correction: If you take a flashlight and go into a dark room and point the flashlight/candler to the fat end of the egg***

Back
Top Bottom