Help needed

The chick uses the beak to break the membrane into the air cell in the fat end of the egg. You can't really see anything from outside Of the egg, but you can hear it cheeping from inside of the egg. If you take a flashlight and go into a dar room you and point the flashlight/candler to the far end of the egg, you will see the air sac with some veins and if popped you should see the beak of the chick moving.
I didn't really want to interfere too much but I'll go & have a look

When you candle the egg, are you able to see the air sac with some veins looking like spiders? At this point you should be able to only see that since everything else will look dark since chick is big in there. Movement is a good sign. Are you able to see if it internally pipped?
Hi, I can see a large dark area & a small empty space

I didn't really want to interfere too much but I'll go & have a look
If you check a few eggs is enough. Don’t interfere for too long. Every time I hatched eggs before I do check sometimes and have had over 90% hatch rate. Some chick will take longer to hatch due to heavier breed and temperature variation, and other factors.

If you check a few eggs is enough. Don’t interfere for too long. Every time I hatched eggs before I do check sometimes and have had over 90% hatch rate. Some chick will take longer to hatch due to heavier breed and temperature variation, and other factors.
I just did one & couldn't see much, then did another, it's not quite filling the whole of the egg but there is an air sack, tiny veins & I just saw it move

That small empty space is the air cell that’s a good sign that the chick has been growing. There is hope!
I did candle a few of the eggs before I started & couldn't see anything then either, but maybe that's because I have an untrained egg & don't really what's good & what's bad

When you candle the egg, are you able to see the air sac with some veins looking like spiders? At this point you should be able to only see that since everything else will look dark since chick is big in there. Movement is a good sign. Are you able to see if it internally pipped?
I've just seen movement in one

Back
Top Bottom