HELP New baby chick in egg hatched

Here is baby this morn! Black as midnight like mom and dad. Or at least I think mom...

Sounds like you're doing everything tight. You have a good instinct for what the babies and Mom need. One thing you might do is take some kind of cheap soft snuggly baby toy and give the chick in the brooder something to snuggle against. It may miss having that security. Anything soft and snuggly. t doesn't need to get under it, just snuggle up against it like it would its brothers and sisters.
Also go to Tractor Supply or your local feed store and buy a 7.-10. bottle of 4 oz. of
Poultry Nutri-Drench.
http://www.tractorsupply.com/en/store/nutri-drench-poultry-nutri-drench-4-oz
put it in the chicks water per instructions. It is much more than simple electrolytes. Doesn't need digesting. Great for any stress from being a lone chick. Have used these Bovidr Labs "Nutri" products on my collies and birds for a decade. great stuff. Very concentrated. The chick literally needs only one drop by mouth if you decide to do that in addition to the water. I use it in the water for my chicks for the first 2 weeks to give them a strong start. This product is very forgiving of management mistakes made by novice breeders. I won't raise chicks without it. 860,000 birds aren't wrong, smile.
Best Success,
Karen and the Light Sussex
in western PA, USA

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom