HELP new chick can't walk

KDchickenmomma

Chirping
7 Years
Feb 29, 2012
clutch hatched yesterday. I found them after they were all dry. One chick was not moving around like the others. Toes looked curled under and appeared to seize when placed on back.

I tape/splinted her toes. She is now able to somewhat stand, but still not walking (kind of hobbling about).

Going now to get some vitamins and electrolytes. Any other suggestions?

Vitamins wold be the best thing.
It could just be a failure to thrive chick or from bad parent stock.
Good luck.

clutch hatched yesterday. I found them after they were all dry. One chick was not moving around like the others. Toes looked curled under and appeared to seize when placed on back.

I tape/splinted her toes. She is now able to somewhat stand, but still not walking (kind of hobbling about).

Going now to get some vitamins and electrolytes. Any other suggestions?

Dear, I have read your post about day old chick standing problem, i think he/she required heat lamp.

Thank you for the reply. She is doing great. Her toes are no longer curled and the splints are off. She is happy, chirping, and walking about. I guess she just needed a little TLC and bilateral splints.

Thank you for the reply. She is doing great. Her toes are no longer curled and the splints are off. She is happy, chirping, and walking about. I guess she just needed a little TLC and bilateral splints.
great news!

Back
Top Bottom