Help!! (not a pet but I dont know where to post)

I noticed you mentioned the person who had him before fed cows milk. Cows milk can be fatal when fed to wildlife/most young animals as it can cause severe diarrhea and dehydration. It is also devoid of proper nutrition for most animals and can cause deficiencies.

It may be why he's having issues now. As others mentioned kitten/puppy milk works best. I hope your little guy pulls through. Best of luck to you.

You can also get a proper milk supplement through Fox Valley. They make supplements for wildlife and would likely have something fitting for a mouse.

Could you post a picture of him? It might help me determine his age.
this is the only photo I have, everything else is videos. This isnt when I had him, this was when he was with my family member, she sent the photo and I went to get him. Obviously he didn't eat anything, he isn't weaning yet- He's absolutely tiny, could fit on a coin

Attachments

• IMG-20220516-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20220516-WA0004.jpg
    429.1 KB · Views: 5
I would use canned milk, not fresh milk. Fresh milk isn't nutrient dense enough. Also a little corn syrup on the tongue will stimulate appetite. If babies go too long without eating they are no longer hungry. Corn syrup will break that cycle
this is a great tip! I will try this if I can find some, if not I'll get some tomorrow once the stores open

I noticed you mentioned the person who had him before fed cows milk. Cows milk can be fatal when fed to wildlife/most young animals as it can cause severe diarrhea and dehydration. It is also devoid of proper nutrition for most animals and can cause deficiencies.

It may be why he's having issues now. As others mentioned kitten/puppy milk works best. I hope your little guy pulls through. Best of luck to you.

You can also get a proper milk supplement through Fox Valley. They make supplements for wildlife and would likely have something fitting for a mouse.
I'll check that out!
I dont think she actually gave him any cows milk, she asked and said she thought she should- I of course told her not to. I'm guessing that the lack of poop is a result of being dehydrated for so long, I'm working on getting him hydrated at the moment with regular feedings

I'll check that out!
I dont think she actually gave him any cows milk, she asked and said she thought she should- I of course told her not to. I'm guessing that the lack of poop is a result of being dehydrated for so long, I'm working on getting him hydrated at the moment with regular feedings
I apologize, I forgot to add the link 😅.

https://foxvalleynutrition.com/

You can also call them and ask questions about the formulas. They are extremely helpful and I've had nothing but wonderful experiences with them.

If you have a local pharmacy you can ask for a syringe without a needle. They will usually give you one and you can feed him warm goat's milk. Don't try feeding solids until at least after his eyes open. You should do this at breakfast, lunch and dinner time.
I personally wouldn't feed goats milk unless it is canned. The same goes for cow milk. There simply aren't enough calories per cc in fresh milk.

Back
Top Bottom