Help not sure if i should assist

Stephdukes

In the Brooder
Apr 12, 2024
I have 9 eggs in the incubator and one hatched on day 20 and two hatched this morning on day 21. There is one that started to hatch on day 20 but seems like it gave up. It's starting to look dried out. I'm not even sure I can open the incubator to help it since two just hatched. Please help this is my first time doing this.

Here is a picture

Attachments

• 20240412_075022.jpg
    20240412_075022.jpg
    510.8 KB · Views: 1
I have 9 eggs in the incubator and one hatched on day 20 and two hatched this morning on day 21. There is one that started to hatch on day 20 but seems like it gave up. It's starting to look dried out. I'm not even sure I can open the incubator to help it since two just hatched. Please help this is my first time doing this.
what is your humidity?

Some chicks pip real early then wait 24 hours to zip. If you attempt to help them too early you can kill them if they still have blood vessels throughout the membrane. It is hard to be patient as the new to be chicken parent. I am hatching now and 2 pipped the wrong end last night and haven't made any progress since. I have to remind myself to be patient.

Back
Top Bottom