Help... not sure if my ducks are male or female by their quack....

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by LuvLexi, Jul 16, 2010.

1. LuvLexi

LuvLexi Out Of The Brooder

Mar 9, 2010
    Thornton
    I think I have two males, they both sound exactly the same so I am pretty positive they are the same sex! Here is a little video clip of their sound on youtube!

2. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    I think you have two drakes, too! Lovely guys!

3. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    Both Drakes [​IMG]

4. LuvLexi

LuvLexi Out Of The Brooder

Mar 9, 2010
    Thornton
    Awesome! Thats what I was thinking! Thanks guys! They are spoiled and maybe a little over fed because they are some of he biggest pekins I think I have ever seen! LoL! Soiled boys they are!

Another ?... one is like crouching and tucking his neck down and it looks funny almost like he cant extend it up, however he can but doesnt, or has a kink in his neck so he cant extend it or something and then he walks with it straight out horitzontal to his back but not up like normal... it looks really weird, do you know what he might be doing? Sorry hard to explain but he started doing it last week and his brother doesnt do it! Almost looks as if maybe he is constipated or something... LoL... and fyi one eats dog food and the other doesnt... if he is the one that eats dog food could this be causing his digestion issues possibly?

5. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    I think it has to do with breeding season being upon us. Sometimes ducks to funny things with their necks when they want some romance.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by