help: not sure what's wrong!

Yes, I learned that as I was reading about them. Thank you. We started the panacur last night. She is still doing ok. Alert, eating, pooping. Activity seemed a little better last night. She's pooping although still has diarrhea. Sometimes she squirts out thick clearish liquid with just a little green poo. Almost looks like egg white except for the green poo. Then I started reading about "internal laying" which I had never heard of. Is that a common thing?

Anyway, we still have her segregated in a heated room and I added a humidifier so it would be so dry. I've been a vet tech for over 20 years but I feel so clueless with these chickens. lol
idunno.gif

thanks for all the advise! Keep it coming!
bow.gif

Yes, I learned that as I was reading about them.  Thank you. We started the panacur last night.  She is still doing ok.  Alert, eating, pooping.  Activity seemed a little better last night.  She's pooping although still has diarrhea.  Sometimes she squirts out thick clearish liquid with just a little green poo.  Almost looks like egg white except for the green poo.  Then I started reading about "internal laying" which I had never heard of.  Is that a common thing?

Anyway, we still have her segregated in a heated room and I added a humidifier so it would be so dry.  I've been a vet tech for over 20 years but I feel so clueless with these chickens.  lol
:idunno

thanks for all the advise!  Keep it coming!  :bow

Humidifier is a great idea. Can you post a picture of her poop? Repro tract problems are quite common and I'll see if I can find some good links for you to read.

-Kathy

I will try to do that. I should be able to take a pic tonight. Then I'll just have to figure out how to post it....I've never done that.....LOL

Thanks for the help!

I will try to do that. I should be able to take a pic tonight. Then I'll just have to figure out how to post it....I've never done that.....LOL

Thanks for the help!
If you can't figure it out you can email or text it to me and I'll post it for you.

-Kathy

Did you find someone to do the fecal for you? Try not to overthink it too much, because you will burn out reading the tons of stuff that may or may not be relevant to your problem. If I were you, I'd concentrate on finding out if she has worms first, then go from there, if she doesn't.

Back
Top Bottom