HELP!!! OMG! HELP ME!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!

I would like to add this and I'm almost embarrassed to admit it, but it makes a difference to me who the thread is posted by. Over time it becomes apparent to us all I'm sure who always posts in caps whether it's an emergancy or not. Those I'm sorry to say I generally ignore. This morning when I saw MP's......I knew something had to be up. I guess it's like the little boy who cried "WOLF!!!" after awhile you just turn a blind eye to those threads.

Quote:
thumbsup.gif

Exactly, Katy.

I have opened a few threads and just could not make myself reply. The information for many of the minor issues is all over this board at least a few dozen times if you search for it.

It is very hard to admit that I just can't force myself to repeatedly offer help with the same people over and over who cry "Wolf".

Not only is it sad and embarrassing to admit but I often feel guilty there is animal out there I could have helped.
sad.png

Ed - nearly made me blow coffee.

Holly - you are sweet
hugs.gif

Mis Prissy,

as soon as I saw who had posted this I knew it was going to be making a point. I do agree with you.

Like many others have said if you sent a genuine post like that then we know we are all in serious trouble.

I knew nothing at all before getting my girls, and once I had made the decision to go ahead I read everything I could, even to make a choice over which birds to get. It is important and has been such a great thing for me personally.

I wanted hardy birds that would lay well, I have a preference for brown eggs, and I wanted birds that would survive. I am not rich, not working right now, and I knew things may be tough. Part of the reason for getting the girls, but it was also important to give them a good chance too of having a happy productive life.

Thank God, I made the decision to get the girls I did. I only have 4, and things have not been that bad really, but we did have a tough winter here.

I went for 4 Black Rocks, as they are called here in the UK. They are bred in Scotland particularly for free ranging and for hardiness. They also have a very strong immune system. they lay 290 eggs a year on average. In America they would be Sex-links, but there are several breeders here that have special names for their own lines. The Black Rock is the Hardiest of these. Others are Pepperpots etc.

I got them in September, and since November have been having 3 eggs a day, since Christmas more often I get 4. WE have great fun and they are loved by my own family and my neighbours, and they are now just about keeping themselves. I sell eggs to regular customers each week and that covers the food just about, but treats come as extras, just because they are our friends and family now.

I had all the info, only then I got the birds I wanted, then I could relax, and wait patiently for them to start laying. They started just at the beginning of the hardest weather, and have continued all through and we are now firm friends have had no dramas, and thank God I have been so glad that I have been able to learn all the extra I know now by quietly reading the wisdom and first hand knowledge I have seen on this site.

lol.... I have now been quietly researching and reading all about the other addictive animals that I have wanted for such a long time, and have been quietly working out plans to get them in the near future.

All the experienced people here at BYC have given us all the help we could need, and seeing many of you post pics of your wonderful animals shows how well you know your topics. I just love it.

Thank you for your knowledge and also your great sense of humour and willingness to help those of us who are learning. We would be lost without you all. Should I say that again in Capitals?
thumbsup.gif

Jena.

Back
Top Bottom