Help on a craigslist posting

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by havi, Jan 5, 2009.

1. havi

havi [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Si

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    Someone posted this on my local craigslist and I was curious if anyone knew what kind of rooster the right one is? I think he looks, well kinda cute. Lol, I know cute isnt very manly, but still.. Or even what the bottom one is?

2. CovenantCreek

CovenantCreek Chicks Rule!

Oct 19, 2007
    Franklin, TN
    He kinda looks like an EE cross judging by his legs. Though they may even be too dark for that.

3. TillinWithMyPeeps

TillinWithMyPeeps Waiting for Spring...

Aug 22, 2008
    Ohio
    OK, I'm not very good at this yet, but, I would say:

On the right looks like a Faverolle Roo
    On the Bottom kind of looks like a Cuckoo Marans

4. hatchaholic

hatchaholic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    I have no clue, but you're right...he's cute!

5. pidgey104

pidgey104 Cochins R Us

Nov 10, 2007
    Panama City ,Florida
    yeah he kinda looks like a Faverolle Roo

6. havi

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    I dont know too much about all the different breeds, but I was thinking maybe an EE? Seeing the dark greenish? legs and all. Oh I would love if that one was a Marans. I would grab him up in a heartbeat and ask if he had any hens.

7. TillinWithMyPeeps

TillinWithMyPeeps Waiting for Spring...

Aug 22, 2008
    Ohio
    Yeah, it could also be a barred rock. I just thought it looked a little cuckoo-ish. Hopefully he will get back to you, or someone else on here can help.

8. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    I would guess faverolle mix for the one on the right. The bottom one looks like a marans hen. BR would not have white skin or feathered feet. Although you never know their true heritage unless you call and ask the seller what all is in the flock to make these birds.

9. Portia

Portia Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 29, 2008
    South Central PA
    That's a salmon favorelle roo, well almost...he has grey/green non-feathered legs. So I guess maybe a mix with an EE. Here's a picture of mine, I believe he's a purebred

Brett Favorelle...he's quite the crower
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 5, 2009
  10. havi

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    I got a reply back from her

1st email: "The first is a cochin. The second is spoken for.... and I have no idea what cross he is.... probably 4 different breeds. The third, I think, is a dominique/cochin."

And then in her 2nd email she told me they were ordered from Murry McMurry. So they are just hatchery birds, although dont get me wrong there is nothing wrong with that. I ordered my first 12 from there. I was just hoping that I finally found someone local who sold Marans. [​IMG] I dont plan on being a breeder, well not right now anyways, so I guess I will stick with just ordering from Ideal.

Well she did say that the lady might not get him, Hercules the colorful rooster. So I wonder...how well do you think it would turn out..putting him in with 5 hens and which one of them has a 2 month old chick?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by