Help on determine how far my eggs are?

Chickadee-23

Chirping
6 Years
Jul 29, 2013
South Carolina
My hen was sitting on some eggs she was killed by a raccoon, now i have the eggs in a incubator but i need to know old they are so i know when they are due to hatch I dont know when she first started to sit on them, I'm thinking there bout 14 days but I'm not totally sure either here's a pic best i can do thanks
it was kinda light in the garage I can take pic later to nite if that be better there is movement inside the eggs & red veins Thanks

Last edited:
My hen was sitting on some eggs she was killed by a raccoon, now i have the eggs in a incubator but i need to know old they are so i know when they are due to hatch I dont know when she first started to sit on them, I'm thinking there bout 14 days but I'm not totally sure either here's a pic best i can do thanks it was kinda light in the garage I can take pic later to nite if that be better there is movement inside the eggs & red veins Thanks
ok that looks between 10-14 days vien and movement are really good just pick a day and continue the hatch it sucks about the mama hen through i have to say i'm not a big fan of raiseing chicks they are cute but they are alot of work

Thanks I have raised a lot of chicks myself some reach full grown adults, they lil work for me i have an outside brooder i use its like a rabbit cage, anyways i have another question i have another hen that is broody its the sister with same rooster, shes not sitting on any eggs yet can i slip them under her? I'm going out of town next Week so they will hatch while I'm gone & i would rather her be with them than who i have attending to my animals want have to do so much!! Thanks

Thanks I have raised a lot of chicks myself some reach full grown adults, they lil work for me i have an outside brooder i use its like a rabbit cage, anyways i have another question i have another hen that is broody its the sister with same rooster, shes not sitting on any eggs yet can i slip them under her? I'm going out of town next Week so they will hatch while I'm gone & i would rather her be with them than who i have attending to my animals want have to do so much!! Thanks
you can if she is fully in the "broody mood" as my grandma would call it. They should be ok but be ware if this if this is the first time the hen has gone broody she could accidentaly starve the chicks or herself so keep an eye out but other then that and the size of the chicks (the fit through most chicken wire) you should be good.

She is cause she was sitting on them along with sister and continued after her sister died, but for her safety i removed her & rooster for couple of nights him & her been coop they been safe we fixed the predator problem & secure the coop

Thank you, i decided to leave them in the incubator, i came home from vacation yesterday to find these little guys chirping in incubator my babys hatch yay 5 out of 9 hatch so far, here's a pic with them in brooder
:)

Back
Top Bottom