Help!! one egg in incubator hatching 6 days early????

the egg that pipped early. well it's still pipping. I have 3 chick that have hatched in the last 24 hours. 1 about to burst out any minute. worry the early rambunctious chicks will pick on it. Geezers this incubator stuff is work. Way better when you get a broody hen. Also one chick has a red yokey ball that's just attached to its butt. wondering if it's a twin. hoping it will dry up and fall off.

LOL 😆 I NEED SLEEP.

Attachments

• JPEG_20240315_160434_5015685544050610151.jpg
    JPEG_20240315_160434_5015685544050610151.jpg
    366 KB · Views: 8
the egg that pipped early. well it's still pipping. I have 3 chick that have hatched in the last 24 hours. 1 about to burst out any minute. worry the early rambunctious chicks will pick on it. Geezers this incubator stuff is work. Way better when you get a broody hen. Also one chick has a red yokey ball that's just attached to its butt. wondering if it's a twin. hoping it will dry up and fall off.
The egg that pipped 7 days ago still hasn't hatch? 😱 Is it still alive?

And the red yolky ball might actually be the yolk sac that didn't absorb all the way. That sometimes happens. I bet if you do a search in the forums you will find posts on what it looks like and what to do.

Incubating can be work but it shouldn't always go like this 🙂

Back
Top Bottom