HELP!!! Our Cayuga Duck is attacking our Momma Peahen

SweetWaterRanch

Chirping
10 Years
Jul 8, 2009
Loma Rica, CA
Hello,
We have a peahen that just had 2 peachicks hatch this past Saturday 7.4.2009. The first couple days our male Cayuga duck was just GREAT with her and the chicks, but on Monday morning he started attacking her, biting and pulling out her tail feathers. Now we have to keep them separated. I am hoping that someone knows what the problem is and if there is something else we can do.
Thank you in advance for any help.
Marija

Quote:
Get 3 females and I bet the attacks quit or at least lesson. You need to remember he is a boy with raving hormones and wants to do what ummm...... a boy with raving hormones does.

Also there are people who have big problems with sexually frustrated drakes. Like being great with the chickens for a long time and then all of a sudden they start trying to breed them, attack them and in some cases even kill the chicken/chickens. Get that boy some girls!

Thank you for the advice... We will get working on it...
smile.png

Quote:
Yes and if you find some(any breed of female will do) We will expect to see pics! We love pictures on this web site!

Quote:
John, my runner drake, lived in harmony with 3 pullets after his buddy Tim died. He followed them everywhere, even waited under places when they roosted.

367_john_and_girls_small.jpg

But then his hormones kicked in! That was many months ago. He has 4 ducks of his own but still goes after his chickens.

OMG!!!!! What a fine how do you do. This is sooooooo not funny. Well, I guess in a way it is. He-he-he
lol.png
Of course not funny for our poor little girl.
Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom