Help out a 4H group!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by dustytrailhamburgs, Aug 31, 2011.

1. dustytrailhamburgs

dustytrailhamburgs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2011
    For the website I am building for my 4H kids, I am trying to put an example of the recognized breeds of poultry (waterfowl, turkeys, guineas and chickens). Since I only have two varieties of one breed, it's hard to use my own pictures (that and i'm certain by now they know white and silver spangled hamburgs well enough, since they're my examples for everything lol). If anyone has any GOOD, clear pictures of a good representative of a specific breed/variety (no commercial types please), can you please send them to me via email? Be sure to include what breed/variety in the email that way I can sort through them a little faster. I will give you props underneath your photos when the website is launched. I'm trying to get as many pictures as possible, so the kids can use the website for independent study. I can also link your websites (if you have one). my email is [email protected]. Thanks in advance, and you all ROCK.

2. peepblessed

peepblessed Chillin' With My Peeps

I can't help you with pictures but I can send you back to the top of the list. Welcome to BYC! Hope you get some response! [​IMG]

3. Stumpfarmer

Stumpfarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2011
    Unfortunately, my best chickens are SSH, and my BLRW are not so great as to be exemplars for judging (although I could, at this point, send you comprehensive lists of their faults!). There's three pages of my photos at my photobucket account: http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a41/Julia_here/Chickens/

4. sjarvis00

sjarvis00 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Shawnee, OKlahoma
    I can help out with Bantams if interested let me know.

5. dustytrailhamburgs

Jul 25, 2011
    Anything helps! If you guys have websites with pictures just post or email me the link and I'll give you credit. [​IMG]

6. GotGame

GotGame Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2010
    NE of OKC
    I can help out with the orientals if you want. Shamo, Asil, Thai, Brazilian etc....let me know. Many arent interested in them.

7. dustytrailhamburgs

Jul 25, 2011
    Looking for any apa recognized breed and variety. Later on we are going to add pages on unrecognized breeds and commercial breeds and hybrids. [​IMG] if I haven't pulled my hair out by then. Lol

8. Stuck in the Coop

Stuck in the Coop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2011
    North Central, MO
    What a tremendous undertaking! I'd love to see the site when it's finished and share it with our 4-H group as well.

I only have hatchery birds right now, but your welcome to use the photos on my BYC page (link under my name) if you find no better examples.

9. Mother_Hen2011

Mother_Hen2011 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2011
    New Mexico
    I only have Andalusians and Easter eggers which Im not sure are APA standards so [​IMG] But I will bump the thread up [​IMG]

10. froggie71

froggie71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2009
    Shamong, NJ
    On our 4-H site I created I added links (including BYC) to help those with questions. It was a lot easier than doing seperate breeds as there are so many and BYC already has great resources. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by