Help Pekin duck sick?

Blascrw

Hatching
Dec 7, 2019
So we got some ducks back in August from TSC. 3 Pekin, 2 khaki... One of the Pekin just in the last few days started stumbling and doesn't raise their head up...kinda keeps it low to their back. Has me worried. Any ideas? I really cannot take it to a vet. I'll try to take pics or video tomorrow

SilkieLoverFarm

Chirping
Dec 5, 2019
Idaho

Miss Lydia

~Gift of God ~ Eternal Life ~John 3:16
Premium member
Oct 3, 2009
Mountains of Western N.C.
So we got some ducks back in August from TSC. 3 Pekin, 2 khaki... One of the Pekin just in the last few days started stumbling and doesn't raise their head up...kinda keeps it low to their back. Has me worried. Any ideas? I really cannot take it to a vet. I'll try to take pics or video tomorrow
:welcome

You need to go to TSC and pick up Liquid B complex and start giving it to your Pekin. 1 ml over a tasty treat. Just enough he gets the whole dose. This stuff is like liquid gold for out ducks and he could very well have a niacin deficiency. Or he could have been injured. Have you examined him? You want Durvet liquid B complex ask for it some stores keep it in the cattle dept it will say injectable but we use it orally. If a niacin deficiency it could have shown signs subtlety and you just didn't pick them up until now. They are extremely good at hiding things being prey animals.

Attachments

Latest posts

Top Bottom