Help Pekin duck sick?

Blascrw

Hatching
Dec 7, 2019
So we got some ducks back in August from TSC. 3 Pekin, 2 khaki... One of the Pekin just in the last few days started stumbling and doesn't raise their head up...kinda keeps it low to their back. Has me worried. Any ideas? I really cannot take it to a vet. I'll try to take pics or video tomorrow

So we got some ducks back in August from TSC. 3 Pekin, 2 khaki... One of the Pekin just in the last few days started stumbling and doesn't raise their head up...kinda keeps it low to their back. Has me worried. Any ideas? I really cannot take it to a vet. I'll try to take pics or video tomorrow
:welcome

You need to go to TSC and pick up Liquid B complex and start giving it to your Pekin. 1 ml over a tasty treat. Just enough he gets the whole dose. This stuff is like liquid gold for out ducks and he could very well have a niacin deficiency. Or he could have been injured. Have you examined him? You want Durvet liquid B complex ask for it some stores keep it in the cattle dept it will say injectable but we use it orally. If a niacin deficiency it could have shown signs subtlety and you just didn't pick them up until now. They are extremely good at hiding things being prey animals.

Attachments

• IMG_2943 (1).JPG
    IMG_2943 (1).JPG
    397.7 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom