help pekin duckk!

stumble_n_mumble

Songster
11 Years
Nov 23, 2008
Long Island, NY
my pekin duck keeps having a problem laying her eggs. she has been going through this for a month now. shell have a good week then one week they will all be broken or soft shelled. but today she wont stand up even when i walk over to her. doesnt yell and scream anymore all day and her chest and butt area seem to be stressed out. i also have one silkie with her who has just gone broody and the duck is in the run and "forgets" her only friend is inside laying on eggs. (i only have the two of them). im not sure if shes just depressed thinking shes by herself or what. anyone care to share some opinions on this??? they are both on egg laying pellets also. and get too free range everyday for about an hour.

anyooneeee????
hmm.png

She could be egg bound. I would check the chicken threads to see what they do for this condition.

As for the shells, does she have access to oyster shells?

Is it important to give them oyster shells? And anything else to know when they are laying? What IS the best diet for hens?

she finally laid an egg. but remands to sit in the back corner of the run all by herself and just lays there all day all night. could she really be depressed? is that possible. this is the first time she hasnt had her silkie friend who is trying to hatch babies lol. what to do???

i would get her a buddy and some oyster shells see if they help and i would also read your feed bag and see if there is enough calcium or shells in that

Back
Top Bottom