Help - Pekins Wanted -- Any United States breeders?

Kuvasz

Songster
12 Years
Jun 22, 2010
Seeking Lavender Bantam Pekins, just for pets mostly. I live in North Carolina. Searching the internet over, and every breeder or listing seems to be in the UK. Any advice? Someone must have them here in the states, right? Thank you in advance for your advice!

have you cheked the cakle hatchery? I know it is a mass producing hatchery but you are only using them as pets so what difference does it make.

P.S. i am buying white pekins from the cackle hatchery

Your replies are much appreciated!! I'm on the search for them now!

If I recall, this is your third thread in 2 months regarding bantam Pekins- use bantam Cochins as your phrase and post in the Wanted To Buy area. You will probably have much better luck.
Are you willing to hatch eggs? Lots of people sell hatching eggs.

Pekin is a white variety of duck, I think it confuses people. In the US, bantam Pekin chickens are called bantam Cochins. I have some, but not lavendar.

Last edited:
No, actually this is my only question about finding this breed, must be some other folks confused about pekins and bantams too.
Yes, would be willing to hatch eggs.

Someone else must be using your username then, there are 2 other threads, one is in the WTB already. ALL of our posts remain available, as do threads. Just click on your username, it's all there.
smile.png

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=460620

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=460619

Wish I had the lavendar for you, since we're so close. But all I have is black or blue mottles.
I got very good eggs from shelleyb1969 in MI, she has at least one auction going right now, check with her.

Ranch, I took a look at your threads, and what I saw seems to be the same post, but with two diff threads. Perhaps the moderator moved it? I was puzzled as to why I had a reply to this same question from the other day when someone very helpful had clarified for me that pekins are what cochins are called in the UK.

I am not double posting this, and to my knowledge this was my only post on this, not 3. Sorry if it bugged you. Guess that's life.
smile.png

Quote:
Let me try to sort it out a bit - first thing though, I am not bugged, annoyed or in any way put out. I am trying to be helpful, since this is the third thread you have started on the same topic and you are getting the same answers, which isn't very helpful to you. I noticed you are fairly new and want to help you out. That's why I suggested you contact shelleyb1969.

Those are not my threads- they are threads started by you. Click on profile, find "show all topics" and click on that. There are 3 threads with the same title in the username Kuvasz, as well as others. It is not a good idea to keep starting the same thread over and over, especially since they are in different topic areas. Technically, this should all be in Wanted to Buy, in one thread, not three. Cross posting and spamming are against the BYC rules, I'm just trying to get you to what you want, in the most efficient manner.

No offense was ever intended.

Edit to clarify Profile options.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom