HELP! Pipped chick incubator humidity dropped suddenly...what do I do??!

pitbullmomma

Free Ranging
Apr 30, 2017
...unapologetic Jersey Girl...
My Coop
My Coop
Hi, first time hatcher here. I have 6 seramas out of 6 that hatched, and I have 2 BC eggs in there as well. It's Day 21.

I had to take one of the seramas out because I have another one in there whose umbilical cord was a little bloody and still attached, and I didn't want the older serama pecking at it. There was a small pip on one of the BC eggshells.

When I went to put the cover back I apparently didn't have it on there all the way and the humidity dropped to 25% for maybe an hour and fifteen minutes. When I realized to my horror what I had done, there was a bigger pipped area with membrane kind of drying and no hole. I immediately added water to the bator and moistened the dried membrane with a Qtip and water.

Now I can see the egg tooth poking against the membrane but it is not poking through. What should I do? Leave it and see what happens? Keep moistening the membrane? Assisted hatching if/when? I don't want this little chick to die because f y stupidity.

Thanks much in advance, any speedy replies will be well appreciated!

WVduckchick

For The Birds!
Premium member
Feb 9, 2015
West Virginia
My Coop
My Coop
Aw you guys are the best!!

OK, so there is like a tiny pinhole in the middle of the membrane. And the exposed membrane is a little bigger than 3mm. I just had hubby take a picture, as soon as I get it I will post it here.

Thanks guys! :love
It should be fine. Chill! :D
Easy for me to say, huh?
You got the humidity back up, right?

Top Bottom