Help please! “Rescued chickens”

Are those the living quarters, that the chickens lived in with the person you got them form? That looks terrible! Is the rooster in the cage the on you took home?
Yup. That’s what the chickens lived in. Some pictures had chickens that were actually outside & didn’t look too gnarled. Could you imagine? What a terrible life that would be. Yes, in the very top picture is the sweet boy that I have now with the red/raw bottom, along with the other 2 next to him.

You are truly a kind soul to take these birds in and give them a good life. I hope that poor rooster heals up quickly. You're doing a great job with him. x2 everyone who supports calling the ASPCA or animal control in your area to report the person who previously owned him. The photos of the chickens' living situation are really appalling and depressing. No create on this earth should be forced to live like that.
Thank you so much. I hope that he will make a full recovery with our treatment, if he doesn’t... we have an avian vet around here somewhere that we can take him in to be seen. We’ve named him Julius 🤓. Yes they were living in a complete dump! I can’t tell if they’re standing on old bedding or their own droppings! But we can probably guess which one, right? He’s going to be getting a rude awakening soon. NOTHING deserves this type of life!

Everything that I would have said has been said, but I wanted to commend you on your sensitivity and commitment to his care. It is devastating to see animals so mistreated and I'm glad you are the one he went to. I'm sure there are people out there that would have shrugged and culled him. I hope you will update us on how he is doing as the days go by. Good luck!
Thank you so much. My motto is that everything happens for a reason. He will be living his best life, all 6 of them will be. I’ve never had bantams before, & never thought about getting any, but these little ones are a blessing. I definitely will keep his progress updated. Stay tuned. 😊

Back
Top Bottom