Help please!! ASAP!!

With all that tarping, and the downspout in the coop, you may end up with some very cold, moist air in that coop with the strange weather we're having lately. I can't quite tell from the pictures, but is there a decent amount of ventilation in there? Some extra bedding wouldn't hurt if you can add an extension to the downspout to drain the melt runoff farther from the coop and not in it.

I'm working with the assumption that you can't do a new build right away, which may be wrong of me to assume. Are you able to move them away from the downspout, for starters or are you looking to make this work the best you can? 8am might be a bit late to be offering them their food and freedom if you can't segregate the bullied or the bully. They'd be hangry in there by then is my guess

**I see the food bowls in there now! Silly me. I'm going to guess they tend to spill those ones on you... do you have a dollar store close you can pick up a pair of anti tip dog bowls at?

Last edited:
I'm working with the assumption that you can't do a new build right away, which may be wrong of me to assume. Are you able to move them away from the downspout, for starters or are you looking to make this work the best you can? 8am might be a bit late to be offering them their food and freedom if you can't segregate the bullied or the bully. They'd be hangry in there by then is my guess
I think that’s a good idea and great way to deal with a space issue quickly (disclaimer: I have limited experience)
It looks like they have about 10 sq feet or more, and if they access upper levels as pictured in that roosting area, they seem to have enough space inside.
If that’s true, definitely seems workable for just 3 birds who mostly free range, and I too think it is a unique set up.

I think that’s a good idea and great way to deal with a space issue quickly (disclaimer: I have limited experience)

If
So do you suggest me to put the hen that bites the most in the small run and the other two outside? Because they mostly free range I don’t keep them in the coop. I usually let them out at 8 am and they just go play. Do you think the coop too small

Your coop looks like it can be enough space for 3 birds, with a few adjustments. Theres a few problems with it, but the main issue with it is that its going to make integration hard, especially since you free range and there is no real run. I'm hoping someone with experience in integrating a lone bird to a two bird free range flock might be able to steer you in the right direction.

Thank

If that’s true, definitely seems workable for just 3 birds who mostly free range, and I too think it is a unique set up.
thanks when they sleep should I open the door on the right so they can roost which can prevent bulling since more space or?

Your coop looks like it can be enough space for 3 birds, with a few adjustments. Theres a few problems with it, but the main issue with it is that its going to make integration hard, especially since you free range and there is no real run. I'm hoping someone with experience in integrating a lone bird to a two bird free range flock might be able to steer you in the right direction.
The birds don’t bite a lot actually. The three chickens were standing together and not biting maybe because I need chicken feed since they been together for 2 months

**I see the food bowls in there now! Silly me. I'm going to guess they tend to spill those ones on you... do you have a dollar store close you can pick up a pair of anti tip dog bowls at?
Would that work

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    595 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom