Thanks @Miss Lydia! I will plan on being close by when I reintroduce them. :) And even if it works out okay, I'll probably set up the game camera for a day or so to make sure he's not being naughty while I'm not around.

This is both a very late update, and a new question.

I reintroduced the goose family at the end of May, and although it took them a little while to get their pecking order sorted out, they are now getting along famously! Thank you everyone for your help!
The gosling has been having trouble with her wing twisting out -- it looks to me like the beginning stages of "angel wing." I've been trying some to wrap it, but I'm not sure it's helping anymore. I've cut the protein level of her food, because I believe that's contributing significantly to the problem. (Her other wing is just now starting to twist a little bit too.) She'll be 15 weeks old on Friday, and she's growing her third (?) set of blood quills. I'm wondering if anyone can tell me when a goslings wings stop growing. If her wings still have some growing to do, I figured I might be able to help her out, but if not, maybe I won't bother trying to wrap them anymore. (It's not a very pleasant process for either of us, and she tweaks it off....) I'd greatly appreciate any advice anyone has for me. Thank you all very much!
Screenshot (4).png
And here she is with her daddy:
Screenshot (5).png

Thanks. :) They are fun.

That is just the article I needed to read! Thank you so much @Miss Lydia! I'll see what I can do to help her in the way of diet, but I guess I can stop "torturing" her with the wing wrapping business. (Yay!) And I'm glad to understand the difference between TWT and Angel Wing -- I was confused by what I'd read, and her wing tip apparently twisting the "wrong way" for angel wing.

A very nice little goose! We raised a goose named Stumpy from when he was 4 days in the incubator. A year after he had goslings with a female goose(Two of them, exactly.) which one died and momma had no other fertilized eggs so far. Then we named it Stumpy jr..Yyeeaahh, he was raised with ducklings and then went outside and got killed. R.I.P Stumpy’s little angel baby.

Nope! I raised ducklings and 2 goslings named Stump and Stumpet, now ONE is outside with ducklings, gosling named Stump is gone. :hit

Back
Top Bottom