HELP PLEASE HELP

... My duck is already dead and laying on my legs, so much for the friendly community for helping me .my only regret is that i should of payed more attention to my duck than instead of you soul sucking people that can't give me information quickly but thank you max man for caring for my duck but it would have been helpful to get information right away
You're right, in an emergency situation you should think for yourself instead of jumping on the internet.

Sorry about your duck. But soul sucking.........?
sorry I didn't mean it that way its just I came across this website,made a new profile and tried to get information to help me out but I saw nobody was interested which made me believe the people in this community were selfish so sorry for being so rude about it... Right I'm wondering how thing got so bad so quickly

Learn all you can, Lots of useful info on here and awesome people, But unfortunately bad things probly will happen, We have all been there, I am very sorry about you duck, Just try and stay informed on how to protect and care for them, you can learn alot here. Best Wishes

sorry I didn't mean it that way its just I came across this website,made a new profile and tried to get information to help me out but I saw nobody was interested which made me believe the people in this community were selfish so sorry for being so rude about it... Right I'm wondering how thing got so bad so quickly
I'm so sorry about your duck.
hugs.gif
There was probably nothing you could have done to save it if it died so quickly after the attack. From your description, it sounds like the dogs may have broken the duck's neck. If it wasn't that, it may have been shock that killed it.

It is not that the members on this site were uninterested in helping you, but many are busy during the day at jobs or taking care of their own animals. Those that saw your post may not have known what to tell you. If you have a little patience, you will find there is a wealth of information that is shared here and many members willing to share and help as much as they can.

While it is too late for your duck today, you can start preparing yourself to be ready to handle the next emergency situation like a pro. Read the other threads in this section to find out what to do next time and prepare an emergency animal medical kit to keep on hand. Keep in mind that any attack or injury will likely cause shock, so be sure to keep the injured animal warm while you are researching the other steps you should take.

Although these aren't the best circumstances to join us here, we are still glad that you did join us. Welcome!

I'm so sorry about your duck, and I understand your upset and angry, :hugs but I don't have a very good internet connection, so I don't get my updates very quickly. BYC is usually such a friendly forum and all we try to do is help, but this is not an official website, if you thought your duck was in dire need of quick help, them maby it would have been better to contact a vet, I've seen loads of people lose their loved animals on here and I am no exception to that but I don't want to be an the receiving end of a load of hate just because I couldn't help in time. I'm so sorry about your poor duck.

... My duck is already dead and laying on my legs, so much for the friendly community for helping me .my only regret is that i should of payed more attention to my duck than instead of you soul sucking people that can't give me information quickly but thank you max man for caring for my duck but it would have been helpful to get information right away

Woah. Perhaps nobody who happened to be online had any ideas on how to help or due to time zones you were simply posting in a time that isn't busy on the forum. ie you were posting at about 4:00am for me. So sorry but I was asleep. As the poster above said, this is just a forum, if you have a real emergency call a vet.

Sorry to hear about your duck but your anger may be better directed at the owner of the dogs.

Last edited:
Hey littleduckguy I am also so very sorry to hear about your duck
sad.png

I ummed and ahhed about whether to reply to your post and decided that I also need to defend BYC members.

I understand that you are feeling a need to lash out and losing your much loved duck in such circumstances would be very upsetting.

However, as mentioned by others, the members of BYC all have responsibilities of their own which they may have been tending to and time zones mean that some of us were sleeping.

BYC members are anything but selfish. If your post has been viewed but not answered it is more likely because the viewer does not know the answer to your question. For example, I may have viewed it but I have no experience with ducks or predator injuries and would not have been able to help.

Also, just a tip, unlike a Vet visit, we are not able to see your duck and need as much information as possible to form a picture of what the issue is and I see that Maxman2000x came back to you with questions 5 mins after your original post.

If your original post had contained more information someone may have been able to help sooner.

As mentioned, I am truly sorry for your loss and the grief you are going through but please do not blame BYC. As suggested, your anger may be better directed at the owner of the dogs and depending on the circumstances of the attack, you may need to assess your ‘security’ to ensure that it does not happen again.

Hey littleduckguy I am also so very sorry to hear about your duck :(

I ummed and ahhed about whether to reply to your post and decided that I also need to defend BYC members.

I understand that you are feeling a need to lash out and losing your much loved duck in such circumstances would be very upsetting.

However, as mentioned by others, the members of BYC all have responsibilities of their own which they may have been tending to and time zones mean that some of us were sleeping.

BYC members are anything but selfish.  If your post has been viewed but not answered it is more likely because the viewer does not know the answer to your question.  For example, I may have viewed it but I have no experience with ducks or predator injuries and would not have been able to help.

Also, just a tip, unlike a Vet visit, we are not able to see your duck and need as much information as possible to form a picture of what the issue is and I see that Maxman2000x came back to you with questions 5 mins after your original post.

If your original post had contained more information someone may have been able to help sooner.

As mentioned, I am truly sorry for your loss and the grief you are going through but please do not blame BYC.  As suggested, your anger may be better directed at the owner of the dogs and depending on the circumstances of the attack, you may need to assess your ‘security’ to ensure that it does not happen again.
[/quoandI know I'm sorry its just that the anger that got into me got me saying things to the wrong people but thank you for the love and care and

Back
Top Bottom