help please!!! I have one baby duck all his siblings died 😞

CallDuck1123

In the Brooder
Apr 15, 2020
So my duck had 5 babies and she was doing fine with them they are just around a week old then Monday I came home to 2 dead babies they looked like they had been smooshed and she was completely ignoring the other 3 so I took them inside placed them in a box with heat water and food then sadly Monday night one passed away and Tuesday afternoon the 2nd one passed away I now have 1 baby duck who I’m terrified is going to have anxiety from being alone.. what can I do to help the little thing it’s been through so much I made sure it’s eating and drinking I even mashed up a banana with some water to mix with it’s baby duck food.. I have 2 older duck that live outside that this one will eventually join but until it’s old enough how do I make sure it’s ok and doesn’t pass away 😞 help please anyone.. I have raised baby chickens and other ducks before this batch just had a bad start and I feel terrible or for the little one

I had to raise a solo duckling for a few days, and she seemed at least pasified by the stuffed animal
DF4F4FA0-FB5B-498E-A842-14FF77E9E156.jpeg

I am currently holding the little one in a fuzzy winter hat so I’m hoping I can use this as it’s “ stuffed animal “ also I have a mirror to put in there with it... thanks everyone

I would think that would be fine, maybe put a sock inside the hat to plump it up a bit?
I was able to find a little stuffed bunny that I put in the hat and it seems ok?? It stands in front of the mirror and snuggles with its bunny I just hope it continues to eat

Back
Top Bottom