Help please, Idiot made WAY WAY too much macaroni for salad. need idea

Quote:
Sounds good! You mix the lettuce right in with the noodles?

Last edited:
Yes just like you do with the Seven Layer Salad (bacon bits, cheese, froz peas, lettuce, califlower). Delicious!

If you want to give it a twist, sprinkle celery salt on the BTL salad.

Just for future reference I make my baked mac and cheese with eggs and milk and I have also borrowed the cheese from a box of mac and cheese and added that to the mix on occasion, but you don't have to. 2-3 eggs and some milk and cheese pouch and/or grated cheese(s) cheddar or monterey jack are good. You can also add salt and black or red pepper and a tiny bit of nutmeg if you want. Put the cooked noodles in a baking dish and pour the sauce over and bake on 350 until it gets bubbly and starts to turn golden brown on top. Comes out moist and cheesy and yummy!

I'm really glad you posted this, because it reminded me that I had macaroni noodles in my refrigerator...and that my girls haven't had any yet. They're 9 weeks old. I gave them a bunch in a dog bowl and they went nuts over it! Especially my Golden Campine--she was 'killing' the macaroni before she ate it. They had a blast.

Thanks again!

Basicaly nothing goes to waste here.I make Mac. salad some and the birds always get the left over's of scraps from veggie's and if there is any left after a couple days they get the whole kit and Kaboodle.They LOVE pasta's and bread's.The only thing my birds dont get is meat meat scraps or bones/rice either go in garbage or whole meat scraps are divided between the dog kittie's and neighbor's dog.

Back
Top Bottom