Help please is this a allergy to shavings

Thanks I didn't no that they're were various types..just going off what the seller told me..the "courtinix" I got r big hefty brown with black specks all over their chest & belly.. I thought the tuxedos we're just a certain kind all to their selves..:)
They are probably jumbo pharoah, which are big wild pattern Coturnix. Over the years, breeders have selectively bred jumbo sized Coturnix, by breeding the largest birds together. The most common jumbos are pharaoh (large brown wild pattern) and Texas a&m, which are white with a spot/spots on the head and /or back.

They are probably jumbo pharoah, which are big wild pattern Coturnix. Over the years, breeders have selectively bred jumbo sized Coturnix, by breeding the largest birds together. The most common jumbos are pharaoh (large brown wild pattern) and Texas a&m, which are white with a spot/spots on the head and /or back.
These r my 4 "courtinix" that I thought I had..they don't have any white so judging by ur description I'm guessing these 4 girls r the "pharaoh"?? I got 1 way up in the top left corner then the 2 right up front then 1 more poking her head right in camera view..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210929-002429~2.png
    Screenshot_20210929-002429~2.png
    593.9 KB · Views: 4
These r my 4 "courtinix" that I thought I had..they don't have any white so judging by ur description I'm guessing these 4 girls r the "pharaoh"?? I got 1 way up in the top left corner then the 2 right up front then 1 more poking her head right in camera view..
Yup. Those are wild pattern, aka pharaoh.

I'm not super familiar with it. I know it's usually something that can pass to quail from chickens and that it isn't curable.
O ok thanks for your suggestion of what it could be but the 14 quail r the only birds I own and none of my neighbors (to my knowledge have chickens) but thanks for your suggestion and that's def helpful to keep in mind in case I ever want to introduce chickens thanks:) ill def do some more research on coryza thanks again for ur help

I think what we're looking at is MG...mycoplasma gallisepticum, there are many different strains of avian mycoplasma and vary in virulence. You can also be dealing with secondary infections as well.
Morbidity is high but mortality is low. Once they become infectious and if they recover, they will be carriers for life.

It's not Infectious Coryza, that is an acute respiratory infection of chickens.

Treatment consists of several medications/antibiotics, including chlortetracycline, oxytetracycline, erythromycin, spectinomycin, tiamulin, tylosin and enrofloxacin. The antibiotics may lessen the symptoms but do not eliminate the infection. Most of these antibiotics are by a script from a veterinarian.
The best prevention is a strict biosecurity and sanitation regime.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom