Help please, is this bumble foot?

Pics

ForTheLoveOfSilkies

Free Ranging
Aug 18, 2019
Australia
Please see pic, bumble foot?
What do I do?
I just gave her a bath and creamed foot with honey ointment I had in the cupboard. Shes isolated in my house now. Poor girl.

IMG20201227124724.jpg

Ouch, yes it is. Give an Epsom foot soak and see if you can pop that sucker out of there when it's malleable. It needs that scab gone to heal best
Thanks for your reply. Can I use other salt or needs Epsom?- I have himalayan pink salt or table salt on hand or I'll have to get some Epsom tomorrow .. And what did you mean pop it out? - squeeze it with my fingers? Tweezers?

Thanks for your reply. Can I use other salt or needs Epsom?- I have himalayan pink salt or table salt on hand or I'll have to get some Epsom tomorrow .. And what did you mean pop it out? - squeeze it with my fingers? Tweezers?
Bumble foot is basically an infection with a hard mass of pus in the center. You take the scab off (by soaking or by hand) and then squeeze the hard piece of pus out. Then clean the hole really good. You have to get all of it out though, or the infection just comes back and forms the hard piece again.

Please see pic, bumble foot?
What do I do?
I just gave her a bath and creamed foot with honey ointment I had in the cupboard. Shes isolated in my house now. Poor girl.

View attachment 2464800

Agree need to soak till you can get it out then fill with triple antibiotic ointment no painkiller keep him like on newspaper many suggest a bandage of vet wrap

Ok thanks, I'm on to it, hopefully she'll have a quick recovery. She's still standing, eating and drinking fine and I think she is quite happy to have some isolation. She laid this morning too. -maybe not after stress of me about to pick at her foot though :( ..How long should I keep her isolated inside? I could keep her in the cage in the chicken run during the day, I might do that tomorrow so she's still hanging around the others.
IMG20201227165920.jpg

Back
Top Bottom