Help, please....Military Veteran question

Quote:
This is what I was going to recommend. The centers are great. Lots of Vets there that can put you into contact. I have a list of some online, but most are for survivors. If I find something I'll add the link.

My husband had a100% rating for his PTSD. Also green Berret during Vietnam.

I'll get back to you if I find something.

TAPS is wonderful for kids and spouses. Vets Center is great for your husband, good for spouses I think, but I've gone to TAPS instead.

Hello and my heart is with you. My husband is 100% disabled combat veteran head neck and back. PTSD to top it off and I have been there and done that. Resources available off the top of my head...

Wellspouses.org

Local vet center - I attended. Support group meetings at ours

Vietnam veteran - local VFW also check out DAV and the Vietnam veterans association

TAPS

If you get nothing from those resources and need to talk

Call me
hugs.gif
. Speckledhen can give you my number if I am not online if I am...I will give it to you

Just remember you can get through anything,
hugs.gif

Last edited:
I'm also willing to listen, tho my DH is doing fine, and my major experience with PTSD is from my male biological donor having untreated PTSD, and he was bad off. But, if you need to cry, I listen well.

I'm back again. My husband is putting our family through Hell. I have talked to the VA a few times but they are pretty slow in responding. The best I have been able to do is talk to their
emergency hotline counselors, which help, but doesn't do much for me. I need someone who can give me some support,or advice, who's been in a similar situation. My husband is totally off his meds, and he's delusional and totally irrational, as well as being paranoid and it's like handling dynamite being around him. I can't talk to him and neither can anyone else. He has been slowly getting worse this whole year. If anyone has any similar experiences, who can give me some support or guidance, I would appreciate it. Long shot, I know. I am calling the VA again tomorrow.

There are a few facebook groups. The only one I could find for general disabilities was "We Are Disabled Veteran's Wives".

But there are also many groups for families with a vet or soldier suffering from PTSD called:
Support for families of Soldiers with PTSD
PTSD The Wives Side
Wives of PTSD Vets and Military
PTSD Support for wives of veterens
PTSD Wives
Wives of Military veterens suffering from PTSD
Wives of PTSD Vets and Military Support Group
Walking By Faith: Support for Wives of Vets with PTSD

Thank you so much. At least this will give me someplace to start. The VA is just not being very supportive, unless he comes to counseling, too.
And, of course, he won't.

Back
Top Bottom