Please help !!! Warning poop pictures

ownhens

In the Brooder
Dec 3, 2023
Hello all
I have been trying to figure out what is going on with my flock every hen I have is dying within 1,2 months apart feom each other. Everyone same symptoms only difference 2 had paralyzed wing. There is NOT discharge from their nose, or eyes. It begins with weak, separation feom the flock, eyes closed while standing up, sometimes diarreah , feathers become kind of ugly looking and dead. I read one post from one of the members about her extensive research about Mareck but my birds don't present those symptoms to my understanding. Even the 2 who had paralyzed wing still walking and they never circle around and their eyes are normal just closed most of the time. I purchased 4 hens feom another farmer they were super healthy very nice looking and now 1 of my new ones is presenting same symptoms she still runs away from me but she is away from the others and she is actually laying eggs. Today she is sitting on her side and about few days ago she was sitting differently I will post pictures. I have asked around and there is no place where I can take her and can't find a place to do necropsy. If anyone can please guide me to what could possibly wrong. They all have been dewormer with Safeguard and they all had coccidia prevention and coccidia treatment. Thank you

Attachments

• 20240220_122248.jpg
    20240220_122248.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 57
  • 20240217_162649.jpg
    20240217_162649.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 16
  • 20240217_085357.jpg
    20240217_085357.jpg
    880.5 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Green poop can by a sign of infection, toxicity or not eating.
What is their diet?
Any chance they could have found something moldy or toxic?
Their diet hasn't change layer pellets, Flygrubs meal worm 1 cup a day, and tractor supply scratch grain. There are few weird plants growing now and no moldy grain . Unless the Flygrubs could be toxic ?

Their diet hasn't change layer pellets, Flygrubs meal worm 1 cup a day, and tractor supply scratch grain. There are few weird plants growing now and no moldy grain . Unless the Flygrubs could be toxic ?
Way too much grubs and grains, it should be half that, once a week.
Can you check their run for anything moldy?
Are they vaccinated for Mereks?
What layer pellets?
Best case is vitamin deficiency.

Way too much grubs and grains, it should be half that, once a week.
Can you check their run for anything moldy?
Are they vaccinated for Mereks?
What layer pellets?
Best case is vitamin deficiency.
I checked their run , and everywhere they normally are but doesn't seem anything moldy. They aren't vaccinated for Merecks . They have layer pellets from a local mill feed 16% protein. I have some vitamins amd mineral to put on their water. Can they die with that pattern from vitamin deficiency?

I checked their run , and everywhere they normally are but doesn't seem anything moldy. They aren't vaccinated for Merecks . They have layer pellets from a local mill feed 16% protein. I have some vitamins amd mineral to put on their water. Can they die with that pattern from vitamin deficiency?
I'm not sure. Vitamin deficiency causes neurological issues like balance and control.
It's hitting most of your birds, If it's not mold or toxicity, it could be disease. But I don't know which one.

I'm not sure. Vitamin deficiency causes neurological issues like balance and control.
It's hitting most of your birds, If it's not mold or toxicity, it could be disease. But I don't know which one.
I have been reading many articles online many say about discharge on their eyes and nose but mine never had thise symptoms some of them begin to open mouth breathing which I forgot to mention I gave them some antibiotics for fish as O read somewhere in this forum but didn't make any difference. So wathever it is just killing some of them 1 by 1 this is very sad.

What kind of waterer and feeder do you use?

Did you check the feed bag for milling date and strange smell? Where is the feeder situated?

In case you lose another of your hens you could send her in to your state vet lab for a necropsy.
This seems the only way to find out for sure what exactly is killing your birds.

What kind of waterer and feeder do you use?

Did you check the feed bag for milling date and strange smell? Where is the feeder situated?

In case you lose another of your hens you could send her in to your state vet lab for a necropsy.
This seems the only way to find out for sure what exactly is killing your birds.
Here is a picture of water and feeder. The feed seems fine and I keep it under A/C together with my goat's feed. One thing I can say is that there are lots of rats at night inside the coop. I will post pictures of some of the plants.

Attachments

• 20240217_093058.jpg
    20240217_093058.jpg
    590.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 20231209_143959.jpg
    20231209_143959.jpg
    778.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 20231002_154727.jpg
    20231002_154727.jpg
    923.6 KB · Views: 11

Back
Top Bottom