HELP please need fly killer

smom1976

too many projects too little time!
11 Years
May 2, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I am really having a tough time with flies.. There must be at least 500 flies in the run that is 14x12 I walk in and they all start flying around.. it is very loud. But anyway I have put in DE, rains everyday for just a few min just to make it wet..
roll.png
put in two of the fly paper roll strips.. they have some stuck to it.. about 20 or so flies. I bought one of those bag things that you fill with water and it attracts them then drowns them.. hasnt gotten one yet.. I really need something that I can spray or something during the day when they are all out. What can I use in the run?

Help please..

Well darn! It sounds like you are already doing everything that I was going to suggest.
hmm.png
I haven't tried this yet, but they do sell the bug zappers now that have the dk. black light in them and are baited with sent to kill flies. Maybe that would be worth a shot.
idunno.gif
Good luck!

you can buy fly bait that will kill them,the only problem is you cant put it where pets can get to it,I put it on top of a T-post in a tuna can attached to the post..works good for crickets and such also,but for them it has to be on the ground.and you have to add fresh every few days,I believe it will kill chickens if they can get to it so read warnings on the can and be very carefull..

Do you have the fly magnet (the fill with water thing)? Those take around 4-5 days or so, once you catch ONE fly the rest are drawn to it.

I have a horse barn right next to the chicken coop. I do the following:
*I have an automatic sprayer in the horse barn, sprays a Pssst every 15 minutes.
*I have a Dynatrap hanging outside, between the coop and barn (mostly for mosquitos)
*I have two fly magnet thingies, and change them once a week cause they are FULL :eek:
*I obviously spray the horse, I use spot on for her sometimes, I have a gel I use as well.
*I have sprayed the entire horse run with Manna-pro premise spray. (need to do that again)
*I sprinkle DE around regularly (once a month regularly) I use an entire cat bucket full of the stuff each time.
*I have a zapper, we plug it in at night if its not raining.
*Both horse and goat have garlic every day (chickens are next!)

Yeah - I still have flies to catch.

Last edited:
Quote:
I have set up the disposable version in the coop.. I filled it with water this morning to wet the bait and looked tonight nothing.. I caugt more with the fly paper rolls..
roll.png

to put another type of fly on my flies... I really have a bad problem and this takes time..

do bug zappers kill flies too like during the day?

frow.gif
Fill a ziplock bag half full of water, nail to the top of your coop door, and let the water part hang down...they tell me they won't fly under it...
I know lots of houses down here have the baggies above the door....and this is fly and mosquito country...
hu.gif

I tried it a coupla weeks ago at my house....I have noticed a difference...I still have a few, but nothing like they were, and I'm not doing anything else different.

Back
Top Bottom