HELP please need fly killer

I just bought some Farnham Flys off that seems to do alright. I also bought fly traps that stick in the window and have caught some there.
I also have the stinky smelling attractant...I haven't put it out yet because it smells so darn bad. LOL

I also use the Rescue Fly and it really does work! You add a really stinky attractant, add water up to the fill line, make sure that you cut out the circle on the dotted line (or it won't work) and then hang it. Within days you will catch them and they REALLY work! The only problem is that they're so effective that your depending on how close your neighbors are, they might think that your chickens are smelling. I hang one by the chickens, and also one by the garbage cans, and nearly gag when I pass by but I don't know what I'd do without them. I also use DE when it's not raining. The neighbors must wonder why my "lawn" is always white. In my house I also have a Dynatrap and bought an Octenol attractant because I've got some mosquitoes and flies in the house that have been biting me at night! Good luck and tell us how it works! Be patient with the fly trap, I bought one from Walmart and after one week I was disconcerted because I only caught one. I checked and realized that I added too much water (should have paid more attention to the fill line). After a couple of weeks though, the more that got trapped, the more went in. It was really disgusting but it worked.
barnie.gif

I'm pretty sure that with the Golden Malrin bait, the flies don't make it away from the baits. I don't put it inside the coop, though. Here's the description from the PBS website:

For use as a scatter bait or with bait stations. Muscamone encourages both male and female flies to remain in treated areas. Economical – 4 oz covers 500 ft. Quick kill – flies die 15-20 seconds after ingesting product. Can be used outdoors in feedlots, broiler houses, canneries, meat, poultry and other food processing plants; in bait stations in stables, milking parlors, dumpsters and food establishments.

Those bug zappers don't kill much other than beneficial moths. I'd save the electricity and money and use the other methods listed.

Also, how about sprinkling some agricultural lime around? That will help dry things out.

My Rescue fly trap is the reusable one, like this
images

Well, I finally bit the bullet and emptied/refilled it today. I normally have a pretty strong stomach but that thing literally made me dry heave.
sickbyc.gif

Pine shavings in the coop....I heard that flys don't like the smell much and I have maybe seen a fly here and there but they fly right back out. Otherwise nothing so far! I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

I also tried the Rescue Trap but threw it out because I could see literally at least hundreds, if not thousands of dead and moving flies at least three quarters up the way of the container. It was an expensive trap but I couldn't stomach the smell and I'm squeamish! They work! :thun

Back
Top Bottom